Fill out the Technology Grant Application to request funds for technology purposes as described in the Guidelines below.
Fill out the Technology Grant Report after you have made your technology purchases to report your grant expenditures to NCKLS.
Legally established public libraries in taxing counties are encouraged to apply annually for Technology Grants to meet the state standards for automation and technology. NCKLS will pay 90% of the cost of projects up to $1000. Libraries are responsible for any remaining costs.
Funds may be used to update software and hardware to support or improve access, to online resources and state-wide collections, automation, cabling, wiring and expansion of Internet services. Technology Grants may also be used for start-up platforms and licensing for eBook collections.
Applications are required, and libraries will be required to have a technology plan. System staff is available to help librarians develop and maintain a technology plan to review with board members.
The Executive Board awards Technology Grants at its bi-monthly meetings.
Application and reporting requirements
- Libraries must use the online Technology Grant form located on the NCKLS website. Requests made by phone, letter or other format will not be considered.
- In addition to completing the grant form, supporting documentation with a quote, flyer or catalog description with the price of the equipment, software or technology is required. This information may be included in the form, emailed, faxed or mailed to Carol Barta: cbarta (at) nckls.org; FAX 785-776-1545; 629 Poyntz Ave, Manhattan KS 66502. The grant application is not complete until pricing information is received.
- When the grant application and pricing information are received at the NCKLS office, two copies of a letter of agreement will be emailed to the requesting library for the signature of the board president. Both copies should be mailed back to NCKLS.
- The Executive Committee reviews each application and letter of request at the bi-monthly meetings. The application, supporting documentation and the letter of agreement must be received for the committee’s consideration.
- Grant recipients are required to report technology grant expenditures to NCKLS by the end of the fiscal year and supply supporting documentation, including paid invoices. Unencumbered funds must be returned to NCKLS.