Need to Convince Your
Administration. . .
School Board. . .
Legislature. . .
that School Librarians Make a Difference?
Check out these reports:
- School Librarian Staffing Levels and Student Achievement as Represented in 2006 – 2009 Kansas Annual Yearly Progress Data from Mirah J. Dow, Jacqueline McMahon Lakin, and Stephen C. Court.
- Informational Brief: Impact of School Libraries on Student Achievement from the New York Comprehensive Center.
- Something to Shout About: New Research Shows that More Librarians Means Higher Reading Scores from Keith Curry Lance and Linda Hofschire.
Want some visuals:
- School Librarians and Student Achievement graphic from the Library Research Service
- Strong School Libraries Build Strong Students infographic from the Association of School Librarians
- Sara John’s School Library Advocacy Pinterest page has some other great infographics and links
Print up some of these ESSA cards from the American Association of School Librarians. They discuss specifics of how school librarians help students succeed.
The School Library Advocacy website has some great resources, like this presentation: ESSA Every Student Succeeds Act: Implications for School Library Programs.
The National Summer Learning Association is another resource for schools and school libraries.