ARSL or Association of Rural & Small Libraries Conference
In order to take advantage of a national conference focused on small and rural libraries in Kansas, NCKLS designated funds for a grant to attend. The Association of Rural & Small Libraries (ARSL) conference will be held in Wichita, KS at the Hyatt Regency from September 20 – 23, 2023. This year’s conference theme is “Unite & Ignite”! This conference provides an opportunity to unite as a professional community and foster a sense of togetherness across a nation of small but mighty libraries. When we come together to share and learn we’ll light fires of innovation and change that can burn bright all year long.
NCKLS will support grants of up to $800 per library staff member or trustee to assist public libraries in taxing counties with ARSL membership (to benefit from member conference rates), registration costs ($350 for members), transportation, parking, meals and hotel expenses.
- Complete an application that clearly describes the impact and benefit of ARSL on your job/library/community.
- Tell us how your library will help fund your attendance at ARSL. For example, they’re providing the time away from the library, funding a substitute, covering any additional expenses you need, etc.
- Submit an itemized request for funds up to $800 to cover membership in ARSL, member rate conference registration ($350), hotel stay, meals, parking and transportation. Association of Rural and Small Libraries membership is based on salary and rates can are located here: https://arsl.memberclicks.net/become-a-member
Applications will be funded based on:
- Relevance of the event to applicant’s work
- Level of support from applicant’s library
- Availability of funds
Unused Funds/Cancellations: Any unused portion of ARSL grant funds should be returned to NKCLS. In the event the recipient does not attend the ARSL conference, all of the funds must be returned to NCKLS regardless of the refund policy of the ARSL conference. Please be aware of cancellation/refund policies for ARSL before registering.
Sample ARSL estimated budget request:
|1 year ARSL membership|
Individual Employee Level 3 Membership
|Two nights hotel @$150/night||$300|
|ARSL Conference Registration||$350|
|Fuel from Barnstable KS to Wichita KS||$30|
|Meals (not included in conference registration)||$70|
The ARSL Grant Opens June 13, 2023
The ARSL Grant Closes Sept 1, 2023