Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2019/01/28/summer-reading-workshop-2/
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2019/01/25/newly-added-resources-in-learningexpress/
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2019/01/16/grant-writing-workshop/
Kansas Farm Bureau (KFB) was recently granted a waiver from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to challenge the legitimacy of coverage maps from various major cellular carriers in Kansas.
Although phone carriers say nearly all of Kansas is covered with reliable, fast cell phone coverage, we know that isn’t true. Help us get the cell phone coverage you deserve no matter where you are in Kansas by running speed tests throughout the state. Run the speed test in your area.
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2018/08/17/cell-phone-coverage-for-kansas/
NCKLS has added a new maker kit to the collection. The new kit is the Rube Goldberg Kit. This kit will enable you to put on programming that allows kids to make Rube Goldberg machines.
Who is Rube Goldberg and What is a Rube Goldberg Machine?
Rube Goldberg was a cartoonist and artist with a degree in engineering. He is known for creating incredibly complicated machines that performed a simple task. A Rube Goldberg machine is a really complicated way of doing something simple.
How do you use what is in this kit?
This kit will allow you to use everyday objects such as marbles, building blocks, paper towel tubes, etc. all together to produce a task that is linked to another and another to perform a simple task like ringing a bell or popping a balloon. The fun is in the creativity. Part of the interesting thing about a Rube Goldberg machine is the silliness. A Rube Goldberg machine is more than just a simple chain reaction. The Rube Goldberg machine uses convoluted chain reactions to accomplish any number of mundane and simple tasks. Get creative! Use the items in this kit in conjunction with things from your library to make the most of your Rube Goldberg Machine.
If you would like to check this kit out click here.
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2018/04/30/new-maker-kit-now-available/
If you are like many directors, you may be overwhelmed by the thought of hosting a Summer Reading Program at your library. Not every Summer Reading Program needs expensive presenters or time consuming programming. With limited time and limited help, you may be tempted to forgo the effort. However, passive programming may be able to help. Your CSLP Summer Reading Program catalog has programming ideas that will allow you to participate in Summer Reading without a lot of costly preparatory time or planning. For example, p. 59 of the Teen section has an idea for a passive program called “Book Spine Lyrics.” This program requires little effort and fits perfectly with the “Libraries Rock” theme.
Additionally, there are many resources online that provide great ideas for passive programming. Check out this article from The Programming Librarian about the ease of passive programming and for some great ideas.
Here are some other resources to assist you in coming up with engaging passive programming at your library:
As always, if you want to discuss passive programming or any other youth-related topic you can contact me, Nikkie Sierra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.432.2796 x 804.
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2018/04/16/passive-programming/
- Here are a few new resources add to Learning Express Library in Jan 2019. This is not a complete list:
Career Preparation Tests:
- Civil Service Practice Exam 5, 6. 7 (Tests)
- Court Officer Practice Test 3 & 4
- Firefighter Practice Test 3 & 4
- Journeyman Electrical Practice Exam 3 & 4
- Paramedic (NRP) Practice Exam 3, 4, & 5
- Postal Worker Practice Test 3 & 4
- Praxis II Elementary Education: Content Knowledge Practice Test 3
- State Trooper Practice Test 3 & 4
Career Preparation Tutorials:
- Pharmacy Technician Tutorial: Basic Anatomy, Physiology, & Pharmacology
- Pharmacy Technical Tutorial: Pharmacy Math
College Students, Prepare for College Placement Exams:
- TSI Math Practice Placement Test 1 & 2
- TSI Reading Practice Placement Test 1 & 2
- TSI Writing Multiple-Choice Practice Placement Test 1 & 2
High School Equivalency Center:
- Data, Graph & Statistics Level 1, Practice Set 1 & 2
- Data, Graph & Statistics, Level 3, Practice Set 1 & 2
- Decimals: Level 3, Practice Set 2
- Fractions & Mixed Numbers: Level 3, Practice Set 1 & 2
- Integers: Level 1, Practice Set 1 & 2
- Integers: Level 2, Practice Set 2
- Integers, Level 3, Practice Set 1 & 2
- Measurement: Level 2, Practice Set 1 & 2
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2018/01/25/see-whats-new-in-learningexpress/
NCKLS has purchased this canopy and weights and it can be checked out to you for library use.
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2017/12/20/canopy/
Would you like to see your website traffic?
It is quick and easy to setup. All you need is a Gmail E-mail account and WordPress.
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2017/12/12/website-tracking/
Permanent link to this article: http://lib.nckls.org/2017/12/12/niche-academy/