- Amount – NCKLS will reimburse libraries that are not on the courier for loaning a minimum number of 20 items annually.
- Reimbursement rate will be the USPS media mail rate up to 2 pounds per item up to a total of $500. More on the rate can be found here: https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c059.
- Annual number of loans is self-reported by the library on the State Library of Kansas’ annual report.
- Purpose – to facilitate interlibrary loan and resource sharing from libraries that do not participate in the courier service.
- Schedule – Checks will be mailed to the library by mid-April 2023.
- Application process –as outlined in the annual agreement.
- Reporting requirements – report the number of items that were loaned to other libraries on the SLK’s annual public library survey.