KASL, the Kansas Association of School Librarians is a non-profit, educational organization that promotes the interests of school libraries in the state of Kansas, encourages professional growth of library media specialists, and develops cooperation among all types of libraries and educational organizations to enhance library service.
They have fabulous resources for school librarians and for anyone interested in promoting libraries. If you want to strengthen your partnership with your local school library staff, or if you provide your local school with library services, check out these links:
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL): School Librarian’s Role in Reading Toolkit
- International Federation of Library Associations & Institutions (IFLA):
- Christopher Harris’ Infographic “School Librarians as Literacy Leaders”
- National Library of New Zealand: Librarian’s Role in Creating Readers
- Carmaine Ternes’ “Regional & National School Library Program Ideas”