Have you noticed your patrons playing Pokémon Go?
If you haven’t, you will. Pokémon Go is an augmented reality game you can play using a smart phone. It released on Friday, July 8th, and is already a huge sensation.
You want more information about the game and how you can use it in your library, check out these articles:
- Everything Librarians Need To Know About Pokemon Go! from Where We’re Going, We Don’t Need Shelves
- Why Pokemon Go and The Library Is a Perfect Partnership from ALSC
- Pokémon GO: What Do Librarians Need To Know? from School Library Journal
- How ‘Pokémon GO’ Can Lure More Customers To Your Local Business from Forbes Tech
- Here Are Some Tips For Playing Pokemon GO from Kotaku
- 4 Tips for Managing the Pokémon Go Craze in Your Classroom from Common Sense Education (although this is geared toward schools, it has some ideas for possible programs with Pokémon Go.)
- We are a Pokemon Go Gym! from Library as Makerspace
- Pokemon Go Update: I Just Won Our Gym! from Library as Makerspace
And here’s a simple, yet interactive, display idea from Jessi Brown the Technical Services Supervisor of the Huntington City-Township Public Library: