- Amount – the amount of the grant equals the fee based on the size of the library to join the Sunflower eLibrary. The following are the fees:
- Gateway Library with populations under 500 = $600
- Linking Library with populations between 500 – 1,000 = $900
- Service Center 1 Library with population between 1,000 – 2,500 = $1500
- Service Center 2 Library with population between 2,500 – 10,000 = $3000
- Major Service Center 2 with population between 25,000 – 100,000 = $6000
- The equivalent dollar amount listed above to purchase digital materials in the format or on the platform of the library’s choice. If this option is chosen in lieu of the Sunflower eLibrary, the library must submit a specific plan for a platform or purchases and will be asked to provide invoices unless a local Baker & Taylor account is used to purchase the digital items. This option is only available in 2023, so will not be ongoing in order to encourage more of our libraries to join the Sunflower eLibrary, which will be ongoing.
- Purpose – Ensure all taxing libraries have access to lend popular digital materials and to increase adoption of digital materials in rural areas of the region.
- Schedule – libraries will need to renew in December annually by signing this agreement. There is also a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that must be in place to be in the NCKLS group within Sunflower eLibrary annually.
- Reporting requirements – report your library’s annual usage statistics on digital items in the NCKLS annual report.